For our Blooming Beautiful theme, step back in time to an era of enchantment leaving the chaos and confusion of the world behind. The theme is floral, symbol of nature in all her full blown glory, merged with the dreamy, mystical world of traditional China. Create a collage of crystal shapes and patterns in deeply sensuous colours of dark red and petrol blue offset by luminescent light tones. Be inspired by this nostalgic, mystical theme, to create delicate flower designs that bloom with radiance and promise.
10th April: Deadline to submit entry for online vote
All entries of design pieces must be submitted on www.bloomingbeautifulcompetition.com. Applications close on the 10 April 2012 at midnight.
1st April - 30th April: Online vote is opened
10th May: Announcement of 20 first round finalists
Of the 50 most popular design pieces, as voted on the Blooming Beautiful competition website, E-Beads, I-Perles and I-Perlen will select the 20 first round finalists.
10th May to 2nd June: 20 first round finalists submit finished pieces
The 20 chosen first round finalists will be required to send in their finished pieces by 4 June 2012. Any creations not received by this deadline will be automatically excluded from the competition.
The 20 designs will be displayed at Treasure during London Jewellery Week. The Jury Panel will convene to select the top 3 winners.
20 June 2012: Announcement of winners
All creations of the 17 unsuccessful entrants will be returned to their rightful owners with thanks. The designs of the three winners will be displayed in the Swarovski Showroom and will become the property of E-Beads/I-Perlen/I-Perles.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Entry must be a jewellery piece, fashion accessory or home design object (note: designs must be deliverable by post).
2. Entrants must be 18 years or over and can submit one design only.
3. Entrants must reside in the European Union and Switzerland (i.e.. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom).
4. Entry must be a new design (not published, sold previously) and entirely original.
5. The majority of the design must be composed of SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. Only genuine SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS can be used by entrants. The use of other (third party) crystal, stones or crystal stones imitating cut SWAROVSKI ELEMENT crystal stones (pressed crystal stones, semi-cut crystal stones), glassware or other competitive products is explicitly prohibited. The remainder of the design can also be composed of materials such as metals, semi-precious gemstones, fabric, leather and glass that does not imitate cut SWAROVSKI ELEMENT crystal stones. Any entry that uses imitation SWAROVSKI ELEMENT will be disqualified.
6. To enter the competition, entrants are required to complete the entry form on www.bloomingbeautifulcompetition.com prior to the entry deadline of 10 April 2012. The following will be necessary to complete the entry form: 2 photos of your creation (on a plain background without any fancy props), a title and short description, and a list of materials used. Note: if you upload bright, clear, detailed photos your creation will have a greater chance of gaining votes.
7. All entries will be displayed on the website in the design gallery. Visitors to the competition website will be able to vote for their favourite designs (one vote per design per person). Voting for all entries opens on 1 April 2012 and closes on 30 April 2012 at midnight.
8. Of the 50 most popular designs, as voted on the competition website, E-Beads/ I-Perles and I-Perlen will select the 20 first round finalists. The most popular designs are those with the highest ratings. The 20 first round finalists will be announced on 10 May.
9. All 20 first round finalists will be required to send their finished design pieces to the I-Beads Headquarters by 3 June 2012 to be displayed at Treasure during London Jewellery Week.
10. The Jury Panel will convene to select the top three winners. Designs will be judged on a combination of technique, skill, passion and individuality and how well the designers interpreted the specified theme.The I-Beads and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS wild card winners will be announced with the top three winners during London Jewellery Week.
11. The designs of the three winners will be displayed in the Swarovski Showroom and definitely acquired by E-Beads/I-Perlen/I-Perles. All other jewellery pieces will be returned to their rightful owners with thanks.
12. Decisions by E-Beads/I-Perlen/I-Perles and the competition jury panel are final - no correspondence will be entered into except with the winning entrants.
13. By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge their acceptance and understanding of these rules. Any entry that does not comply to the rules will be deleted from the website.
14. For all information regarding the competition, please contact E-Beads Ltd on Tel: +44 207 367 62 17 or firstname.lastname@example.org